Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Color and Light

The second book I got is "color and Light" from James Gurney. An other very well put together book. I usually don't really read too much of the books and get the info from the pictures... lazy me.
But not this one, the text are to the point and easy to read. example are also very good.
If I want to be a little nitpicking, I would say that I wish the book had more diverse example, I just felt that it was a bit self promoting.
James Gurney is a very good artist, I'm not very found of dinotopia. I don't hate it, I don't love it.

Anyway, His lighting example are very nice and the photographs of example very usefull.
I can't wait to get to the Color section of the book.

I was happily surprised to see how thick the book is ... I 'm not saying that I judge a book by the pound, but for such a low price (25$) it's a lot of information. The quality of the reproductions and the paper used is also remarkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment